Skip to content
- Wrong: C.L. Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) invented the word “Snark”.
- Wrong: Only the first issue of The Hunting of the Snark has “Baker” on page 83.
- Likely wrong: The “Ocean Chart” (the Bellman’s map) in The Hunting of the Snark was made by Henry Holiday.
- Half true: The “Boots” and “the maker of Bonnets and Hoods” in The Hunting of the Snark are two different persons.
- Wrong: There is photographic evidence that Alice Liddel as a child kissed C.L. Dodgson.
- Wrong (snopes.com): C.L. Dodgson sent an admiring Queen Victoria a copy of An Elementary Treatise on Determinants.