- cover, Front cover «The Hunting of the Snark»
- frontispiece, Bellman and Banker «Supporting each man on the top of the tide»
- Fit 1, The Landing: The Crew on Deck «He had wholly forgotten his name.»
- Fit 1, The Landing: Butcher and Beaver «The Beaver kept looking the opposite way.»
- Fit 2, The Bellman’s Speech «Ocean Chart» (made by a typesetter, not by Henry Holiday)
- Fit 3, The Baker’s Tale «But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day»
- Fit 4, The Hunting «To pursue it with forks and hope»
- Fit 5, The Beaver’s Lesson «The Beaver brought paper, portfolio, pens.»
- Fit 6, The Barrister’s Dream «“You must know –” said the Judge: but the Snark exclaimed “Fudge!”»
- Fit 7, The Banker’s Fate «So great was his fright that his waistcoat turned white.»
- Fit 8, The Vanishing «Then, silence.» (Version 2021-12-23)
- cover, Back cover «It was a Boojum»
Download Henry Holiday’s nine illustrations, the cover illustrations and (not by Holiday) the Ocean Chart, scanned from a 1st edition (1876) of The Hunting of the Snark with grey shades (50MB) and in black & white (13MB).
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 is the license for images in this blog if not indicated otherwise. The license of course does not apply to the scans of Henry Holiday’s illustrations, because they are in public domain.< My scans also have been uploaded in medium resolution by Sp1nd01 to commons.wikimedia.org (example with comment).
2018-09-12, update: 2022-05-03